- are we on target to finish this iteration on time?
- what's important?
- anyone want a second opinion on something they're working on?
- any decisions to be made by the group?
- what's left to finish the iteration?
- what can we deploy next?
- open-ended questions about stories that are active
- any topics for the parking lot?
- any ripple effects? [that is, for something I just changed or am about to change, who needs to know and what effect with it have?]
It would be great if we had a stable list of questions, but I find it more effective to use two or 3 from the list above for a month, then to use a new set--it keeps people on their toes, and this thinking creates better communication.
To help clients and conference attendees see what I'm talking about, I've also prepared a slide deck entitled Freedom In Meeting.